Skip to main content

Why I am interested in youth sports?

I am interested in youth sports because sports is still one of my main hobbies as a freshman in college. I played when I was in middle school and a little in high school because I had back surgery and did not want to risk playing again. Youth sports make invaluable contributions to character development and future success of children by teaching them teamwork, discipline, self-control and triumph over adversity. These years also provide some of the most precious and long-lasting memories parents make with their children. Organized sports are a bulwark against the very real health risks associated with childhood obesity such as diabetes, hypertension and cardiac disease. These benefits are critical to the health and development of our youth and they serve to show the need for a more balanced approach to how we address the safety of our kids playing contact sports. Unfortunately, participation in youth football nationally and high school football in many regions of the country have substantially fallen in recent years. Each year, more than 3 million kids play youth football; a million more play in high school; about 70,000 play at the college level; and about 2,500 are professional football players. The medical literature on Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy reveals that in the past 10 years, a total of 63 football players were diagnosed with CTE, almost all professional athletes, out of approximately 44 million players. Research has not quantified the almost-certain risk factors aside from concussions, such as genetics, pharmacological and toxicological factors. Fear has created a market for concussion information and products, and the media is overreacting to sensational but unsubstantiated pronouncements and factoids.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Response

Student presentations were excellent in my opinion. I liked a lot of the visuals in the power-points. Everyone seemed to have great knowledge of what they wanted to do or where they were going on their presentations. However, some students did not have a very clear thesis on their presentation and our professor said you need to make sure our thesis were clear because that is what your defending or going against as known as your claim. Some students also didn't have clear central ideas and had to be told that you got have great central ideas because it is a five page paper were writing. My topic in my presentation was Youth Sports. In my presentation, I felt it was good, but I have to make sure my central ideas are clear, so I can even gather up the information to support my claim. In order to improve my presentation I will go back and make sure that my central ideas are clear and good enough to support my claim. 

Russian Probe

On the CNN Russian probe  video,  the  person who broke the stories on the stories what wanted to get the point   across that the former Trump campaign adviser George Papadopoulos know s  that   the  Russian s  have “dirt  “ on  trump’s  opponent  Hillary  Clinton during the 2016 Presidential Race .   The  CNN report of the story  use d  the credit ab ility  of CNN as a trust news sources which  is   ethos  because  most  people will watch new s  that tells  the true. She had  a very calm, steady, clear voices as she deliver s  the information this is example Pathos  because she  make s  you feel like a friend who is giving you some bad news. As you watch the video you isn’t just tell new she is giving support detail on how they know that a former Trump campaign adviser knew about Russian meddling in the 2016 Presidential  Elect...